Crunchy Granola Florentines
These tasty florentines made with Lizi's Granola will surely impress your friends and family as an after-dinner treat or as part of Afternoon Tea.
- 50 g butter
- 50 g Demerara sugar
- 100 g Lizi’s Original Granola
- 50 g dried cranberries chopped into small pieces
- 50 g sultanas
- 60 g almonds slivered
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 150 g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar together over a medium heat until combined.
- Put the granola, dried fruit and almonds into a mixing bowl and toss until evenly distributed.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the salt and double cream, then pour onto the dry mix and stir thoroughly to coat the mixture.
- Using a greased tart tray or muffin tray, spoon dollops of the mixture into each dent and press down firmly so you have a flat top, and to ensure they are compact. You should end up with about 25 florentines.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown in colour. Remove and leave to cool in the tray before transferring to a cooling rack using a palette knife.
- When cool, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until completely liquid.
- Dip the bottom of each florentine into the chocolate and transfer back to the cooling rack to set. At this stage you could add a pattern into the chocolate using a fork.
- Leave to harden completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.