Beetroot, Feta and Potato Salad
This colourful healthy recipe was created by Sports Nutritionist Renee McGregor and is taken from her Fast Track Nutrition Plan specifically developed for Speedflex, the unique nationwide results-driven, circuit-based HIIT training concept endorsed by Speedflex ambassador Ben Shephard.
- 2 baking potatoes scrubbed or 1 large sweet potato
- 100 g mini pickled beetroot drained
- 150 g mixed salad leaves
- 200 g feta cheese cubed
- 50 g cucumber cubed
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 85 g green olives with chilli optional
- 1 handful of coriander leaves chopped
- balsamic vinegar to serve
- walnut oil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork, then bake for 1 hour, or until soft on the inside with a lovely crisp skin.
- Meanwhile combine all the other salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then cut into chunks and add to the salad.
- Toss all the ingredients together.
- Serve with the vinegar and oil on the side so you can add to taste.