Caribbean-Style Mango & Red Pepper Curry
- 1 mango
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 240 g kidney beans drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 80 g brown rice
- 80 g sugar snap peas
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked.
- Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger and garlic. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cut the mango into 1cm cubes, removing the stone. Cut the sugar snaps in half widthways.
- In a bowl, roughly mash half of the mango. Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Then stir in the curry powder along with the red pepper, crushed mango, sugar snap peas, kidney beans and coconut milk. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Then add the remaining mango pieces and cook for 2 mins.
- Drain the brown rice.
- Place the brown rice on two warm plates and top with the Caribbean-style mango and red pepper curry.
677 calories – 92g carbs – 26g fat – 18g protein
Mindful Chef by Miles Hopper Giles Humphries is available from all good bookshops